Tuesday 14 October 2014

Art Journal Pages - the 201 progression continues into Texture!

Hello lovelies!

Well its time for some more art journal progression. It's Class 5 - Texture.

I really love creating all kinds of texture in my art journaling. There is something soothing about a page you can feel as much as you can see it. I love taking my books and flip through them, sometimes just to feel the pages.


Actually, I even think, next to making the pages, the flipping through the books is the biggest perk of having an art journal. I made many paintings over the years and I usually create lots of texture in them. Don't get me wrong, I love making them, but when they are done, they are done. You hang them somewhere and that's it. 

Next to the tactile nature of art journals, I love that they are small, all different, open to experimentation and a great way to practice new techniques. I can just go in, do something when I feel inspired and move on when not. They are patient and there is no pressure. The beautiful thing is, I don't even have to like what I did. There are no mistakes in art journaling.

Here's the "extreme texture" page from the first iteration of Art Journaling 201:

and here's the second.  It's very similar, as this technique is always going to provide a fantastic finish.

This was the original homework page from this lesson:
 And this is the "new" homework page:

I decided to go mad with colour again with the homework in an attempt to really highlight the embossing paste and whipped spackle trilobites. The Trilobites stencil is a new one from Crafters Workshop, and is super fun (I love using skeletons & archeology in my journal). 

'till next time

~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment