Tuesday 6 May 2014

A kick in the behind

Hello Lovelies,

I'm here with an update from a class I attended Saturday (3rd May) run by the amazing Ro Bruhn.

This was a class about Gelli printing.  Yes I know, I know... I bought a Gelli plate as part of my Christmas present to myself last year, but you know what - I hadn't even opened it!! So when this class came up, I figured that I should use it to kick myself in the behind and actually use the tool I had bought for myself.

I am so glad that I did!  I was able to catch up with some friends like Joan:

And Kaye, who I haven't seen for years but we just picked up where we left off - good friends are like that :)

We spent from 9.30am till 4.30pm creating fantastic prints.

Here's some of my better prints.  I'm not going to show you my prints onto fabric - I think I need to perfect that technique!! These are prints on watercolour and rice paper.
(I used of one of my new stencils from my Artified haul of last week - top left)



This picture shows the results of the technique I enjoyed the most - gelli printing onto packing tape, and then backing it!!!  The tape is the strips on the right.

This post here on the Gelli website provides a how to. I even loved how my Gelli plate looked before I applied the tape:

Ro was a generous and engaged teacher who shared a whole bunch of little tips and tricks, which aside from the kick up the bum that I needed to start using my tools, is the reason why I like to do classes.

She is an incredibly talented artist, and I was lucky enough to buy 2 of her hand carved stamps - expect to see these popping up in art on the blog for a while...

If you want more Ro, follow her on facebook (see the link above) and check out her website here. If you want to buy some of her hand carved stamps follow the links from her pinterest.  I know that she is looking into how to record some of her fantastic classes for international students, so keep an eye out!!

'till next time

~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment