Tuesday 15 April 2014

Keeping it simple

Hello lovelies!

This is another lifebook catch-up post.  This is from week 11 - "Tree of Life"


I must say that This page turned out nothing like the brief. "The Tree of Life" alludes to the interconnection of all life on our planet. The March Life Book theme was "Celebration of our Connections in Life" so we were supposed to us the Tree of Life as symbolic of that. 

Hmmm.  I don't think that I should have been working on the Tree of Life in the week that the latest IPCC report came out.  This page reflects the sadness I feel at the wilful ignorance of politicians and leaders regarding the dire consequences of inaction in relation to carbon emissions.

Saying that however I like the page itself.  My exploration of "less is more" is really tough for me - I am a person who really believes that "more is more".  I digitally altered a royalty free (and free) image using photoshop and transferred it with TAP (I'll talk about that in my next post).  I scraped paints with a credit card, washed with glazes and then decorated and wrote with paint pen.

Have you ever found yourself starting with a clear direction in your project and then ending somewhere completely different?

'Till next time

~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment