Sunday 30 March 2014

Art Journal Covers

Hello Lovelies!

I thought I would share a bit of a how to on the cover for my completed class Art Journal.

 This is a technique I developed last year for the Paperiffic show.  There was a blog post "how to" here on the Crafters Cupboard Blog.

For this particular cover I used a base of Fresco paint in Blood Orange and Inky Pool blending them together in the middle to get purple.

The knob I am using to hold the elastic was from Ideaology, but it was too stark white and distracted from the face, so I coloured it with red pepper alcohol ink.

I used Florentine Treasure Gold for the highlights.  

The face was from a magazine. I used flesh coloured paint and pencils to touch up the skin, and to hide a wrinkle from the glue!  I then used paint pens to doodle on and around it.

'Till next time

~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment